- No.406 HongTeng Building,
- 392# Xihong Rd,Gulou.
- Tel.: +86 591 6310 1956
- Fax.: +86 591 2285 5952
- E_mail : info@LEDaladdin.com
(Multi Cups/Chip on Board) MCOB LED Light Technology
As we know, most of COB encapsulation technologies, including the one of Japan, are based on the encapsulation of the aluminum base, which assemble some chips to be encapsulated on the aluminum base. This is what we call the COB technology. The substrate of the aluminum is copper foil, which can only well conduct electric but it can't process optical processing very well.
MCOB LED light technology, quite distinct from the traditional technology
- puts the chips in the optical cups according to optics.
- It aims to make not only one cup, but many cups. It derives from a simple principle,
- i.e., the light of LED is from the chip itself, which means we need many angles to let out more light.
- The light efficacy can be improved if we have more light exits. In any cases, the light efficacy of low poweres chips can be at least 15% higher than high poweres chips.
- The reason is that the chips of high power are bigger and they only have four light exits.
- However, we can have as many as sixteen small chips on a board and 4*16 light exits.
For this reason
MCOB is not only a cup, the purpose of many cups in MCOB is higher light efficacy.
Just because of many cups, comparing with the ordinary COB tech, products adopting MCOB tech have much higher light efficacy.
As the applications of LEDs, in particular, with their access to the market for general lighting and powerful lighting equipment, LED products manufacturers have a serious problem with preventing the spread of the active LED modules on the market. With the increase in brightness it becomes necessary to find new technological solutions to improve the efficiency of the device and its heat sink to improve the system.
Existing methods of manufacturing LED lighting products (hull led, SMD-technology) were not effective in solving the problem for the heat led-high-power devices. The result of much research in this area was the creation of new, advanced LED technology called multi Chips/Cups-On-Board.
MCOB technology opens up new competitive advantages for LED light sources.
Feature of the lamps is MCOB (Multiple Chip Cups On Board) technology, the effect of which amounted to more than 100 - 110 lumens / watt. that can significantly improve the cooling of the LED crystals and increase the efficiency of the lamp. Lamps series.
LED lighting source encapsulation of Convex Structure
- 11: Metal die casting base (6 reflective cups) with plated relector layer.
- 12: LED Chip
- 13: Insulated glue (Mixing layer of glue and phosphor)
- 14: Mixing layer of glue and phosphor on surface
- 15: Reflective Cup (Round with LED dies sticked by insulated glue)
- 16: Circuit board
- 17: Cutout
- 18: Reflective layer (Silver plating layer)
- 19: Wire: (LED chips connected to Circuit Board)
MCOB Technology : basic principles and advantages
The main difference from the previous COB Technology LED technology is in the peculiarities of mounting semiconductor chips - they are attached directly to the board, made of materials with high thermal conductivity. Thus, it is possible to obtain very low thermal resistance and to ensure effective heat dissipation.
COB technology promises an excellent heat management.
However, the whole piece of COB LED doesn't guarantee enough light-out.
Which means the light efficacy still can't get on the top.
How about we divide it?
This is an important step towards the evolution of LED light sources. This development provides the best possible performance for LED light output (more than 140 lm/w), allows you to create powerful and at the same time, a miniature artificial light sources of different configurations and with a robust system of heat. Lighting products based on LEDs MCOB have a lower cost compared to other led-lamps of the same level of brightness and long life are distinguished by improved heat removal system.
Previously, with an increase in the number of power LED lamps placed on the substrate crystals increased. In recent years, most manufacturers pay attention to building reliable advanced optical system to increase capacity and efficiency of the fixture.
Advantages of the technology LED MCOB
- Lower cost of LED devices and increase the efficiency of their work.
- Innovational develop LED MCOB allow to achieve high brightness of the light flux, even at small sizes of lighting equipment.
- Manufacturing operations is reduced by half compared with the technology of SMD, significantly reduced production time of LED devices.
- High optical density of the chip: 1 cm2 area of the substrate can be set to 70 chips.
- Long lifetime of LEDs MCOB, reliability and efficiency of heat transfer led-devices..
- Remarkable brightness of the light flux, the lack of effect of shadows.
- Compact type, small size.
Installation of LED technology MCOB: the main production stages
- Die bonding
- Surface cleaning to remove dirt.
- Ultra thin pure 99% gold conductors, thickness of several microns.
- Crystal silicon with a phosphor uniformly dispersing the heat from all the faces of the crystals before the main heat sink.
To learn more about for Technical information