- No.406 HongTeng Building,
- 392# Xihong Rd,Gulou.
- Tel.: +86 591 6310 1956
- Fax.: +86 591 2285 5952
- E_mail : info@LEDaladdin.com
Lamp Labeling with "Lighting Facts": Questions and Answers for Manufacturers
research, issuing proposed changes to existing labeling requirements, and reviewing public comments, the Commission announces final amendments to the lamp labeling requirements in the Appliance Labeling Rule. The Commission also seeks further comment on several issues for consideration in any subsequent rulemaking.
DATES: The amendments published in this document will become effective July 19, 2011 except for the amendments to 305.8 which will become effective August 18, 2010. Comments must be received on or before September 20, 2010.
ADDRESSES: Requests for copies of this
document should be sent to: Public
Reference Branch, Room 130, Federal
Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania
Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580.
The complete record of this proceeding is also available at that address.
Relevant portions of the proceeding, including this document, are available at (www.ftc.gov.)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- I. Introduction
- II. Background
- III. Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- IV. Effectiveness of Current Labeling Requirements
- V. Public Comments and Final Amendments
- A. Product Coverage
- B. Package Labeling
- 1. Two-Panel Format
- 2. Package Disclosures
- a. Brightness / Light Output
- b. Energy Use / Efficiency
- c. Bulb Life
- d. Color Appearance
- e. Voltage
- f. Mercury
- g. Color Rendering Index (Not Included on Label)
- h. Total Lifecycle Cost (Not Included on Label)
- i. Other Disclosures (Not Included on Label)
- 3. Off-Label Package Claims
- C. Product Labeling
- D. Reporting Requirements
- E. Testing Requirements
- F. Website and Paper Catalog Requirements
- G. Consumer Education
- H. Effective Date of Labeling Requirements
- VI. Section by Section Description of Final Amendments
- VII. Request for Comment
- VIII. Paperwork Reduction Act
- IX. Regulatory Flexibility Act
- X. Final Rule Language
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments electronically or in paper form by following the instructions in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section below. Comments in electronic form should be submitted by using the following weblink: ( public.commentworks.com/ftc/ lamplabels) (and following the instructions on the web-based form).
Comments filed in paper form should be mailed or delivered to the following address:
Federal Trade Commission,
Office of the Secretary, Room H-135
(Annex N), 600 Pennsylvania Avenue,
N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580,
in the manner detailed in the Request for Comment part of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section below.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Hampton Newsome, (202) 326-2889,
Lemuel Dowdy, (202) 326-2981, or
Matthew Wilshire, (202) 326-2976,
Attorneys, Division of Enforcement,
Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal
Trade Commission, Room M-8102B, 600
Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20580.
To learn more about for Technical information